At Cwmafan Primary we have a dedicated Criw Cymraeg team that is made up of children from Year 2 to Year 6, who are enthusiastic about promoting Welsh in our school – helping other children to understand and use Welsh throughout each day!
The children in Criw Cymraeg are responsible for:
- demonstrating playground games in Welsh, during both indoor and outdoor play.
- promoting Welsh language throughout the school.
- running the weekly fruit tuck shop for the whole school.
- helping to organise the Wal Graffiti with Welsh pattern of the week.
- Playing an active role in the Weekly Welsh Assembly.
- Choosing children to sit on the weekly bwrdd aur.
Below is a video that the children have found which explains 9 reasons why we should learn Welsh.